Whether or not you are a keen reader, you must know how to play with information. Nowadays we are bombarded with myriad kinds of information. Technologies are also creeping into every corner of our world. Information which is a close friend of the state-of-the-art technologies is like a strong wave that is ready to befriend us or to be our enemies in disguise. Most of us usually get information through newspapers, radio, T.V., the Net and the like, but how many of us can grasp the gist ,analyze and know both good and bad sides of the information we get. We may sometimes be absorbed in useless information without knowing being. We might be cheated, misunderstood and led to the mistaken belief that , through true and biased information, everything is rightful..It is, nevertheless, certain that getting more information means we are getting more knowledge. But knowledge will be called true knowledge if it is thoroughly analyzed and thought twice before receiving it. Please be careful and always keep pace with new information without heedlessness.

Getting new information is similar to welcoming a new friend of ours into our house. We don’t know whether our new friend can be trusted or not .However, As far as information is concerned, it is a must for us to check and recheck that information until everything is acceptable. Seeing is believing, right?
Somchai Thamuang
5 comments:
Media now try to control our perceptions. They try to make us believe what they present. Actually, media don’t present us the reality but they represent it instead. The reality is constructed by media people. Although we think twice about the news and the information, how we can be sure that the news is real, neutral and not side-taking.
Sometimes, it’s hard to analyse all the information because we have been long framed in some aspects by media. Our brains are framed that our world is separate into 2 parts; good and bad, rich and poor, white and black and urban and rural.
However, we don’t always believe everything what the media represents to us. We put our own schema (the existing knowledge) and we have an active part in the media. The media can’t control us all the time.
By Phornthip OY No. 049
liI agree with the sentence " Seeing is believing", eventhough it's hard to do when we get the information.Most of the viewers always believe what the media present without concerning or rechecking, so do I.
I have try to be neutral when I got the information, but I don't know why I, at least, believe that it's true about 80% without checking again.So I think I'm actually framed by the media
And definitely, people nowadays are framed by the media also. With it, all the media are very powerful.For me, that's quite bad.
Howerver, I will keep on trying to be neutral, think for two parts, and keep in mind that I will believe what I see, when I get new information in order that I won't have mistaken belief anymore.And I think you all should do also.
Pantitra May 490132050
The media is an important factor which can control powerfully the perception of people in society. Especially when we read the news, the news producer try to frame the news and represent to us so our perception is also framed. We are influenced and affected by news. We can not be sure whether the information from media is real. Can we trust in the media?
After I studied in the media discourse course, I had more knowledge about the role of media in society. In fact, the media does not present us the reality but represent it instead. The information can be trusted or not depends on the schema or the existing knowledge of the reader or the receive that they put a lot of themselves in that information. How they interpret the information?
It is difficult to analyze the information from the media. Like Oy said, our brains is separated into two parts: good and bad. So, be careful about the media because we don’t know what the media is framing our perception. What the media is framing our society?
By Nanny
Normally, news report in any kind of media is suppose to report us only the fact and information but I don’t think so. After we have learned the discourse, I (and every student in the class) think I have found something hidden in a news paper. News paper is prohibited to report or printed something that can influence our perception. But still, by using layout managing, language and psychology, news report can influence us without being noticed. Big headline or big picture can attract our attention and make us want to read that news. Upper headline looks more interesting than the lower. News on the left side of a news paper is less exiting than the right side. Some news that is reported continually can immerse us and emphasize us that this is very important (which is not always true). So, when we read news paper, we should think more about what is appropriate and suitable for us.
The lastest comment is mine. Aram Boontranurak 490132062
Post a Comment